Tibet Tour package from Malaysia via Nepal is the cheapest and best option for anyone who want to travel from Malaysia to Tibet via Nepal.
You will spend 5 days in Nepal, doing the Nepal Tours then we will do the the Kathmandu to Tibet Tour 8 days 7 nights which starts from Tibet Nepal border – Kyirong and ends in Lhasa, Tibet. Total duration of this Tibet Tour package from Malaysia via Nepal is 12 days.
If you are looking at visiting Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet at the same time, you can refer to our exclusive Holidays to Tibet Bhutan and Nepal 16 days 15 nights
Important notes during the Tibet Tour package from Malaysia:
1) We need a copy of your passports to be emailed to us at least 21 days before your departure date. Thereafter, you will need to pass us your passports when you arrive in Nepal – where you will then need to stay in Nepal for a minimum of 5 working days before departing to Tibet.
2) Kindly note that the Everest Base Camp has been closed off in Tibet for the year of 2019 until further notice. Visiting the Everest Base Camp from Tibet is therefore not possible until further notice.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel in Thamel, Kathmandu
Hotel Arts Kathmandu 3*or similar
00.00pm: Arrive at Kathmandu Airport.
00.00pm: Pick up from airport and transfer to hotel.
00.00pm: Check in. Rest & Relax. Free & easy after check in. Tour ends.
Day 2: Kathmandu Day Tour
Hotel Arts Kathmandu 3*or similar
07.00am: Breakfast at hotel.
08.00am: Pick up and we will do the Kathmandu Day Tour visit to:
- Swayambhunath Stupa
- Boudhanath Stupa
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Patan Durbar Square
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
00.00hrs: Dinner in Gokarna House Restaurant with Nepalese traditional cultural dance performances. After dinner, we will drop you back to your hotel. Tour ends.
NOTE: Lunch en route at your own expenses.
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara - By Domestic Flight!
Hotel Trekkers Inn or similar class hotel
Car / Plane / Boat
07.00am: Breakfast at hotel. After breakfast, pick up from your hotel and you will be dropped at the Kathmandu Domestic Airport. Our staff will drop you at the main entrance gate in Kathmandu Domestic Airport. You will have 30 minutes flight to Pokhara. During your flight time, you will see the amazing view of Mountains like; Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna and fishtail etc.
Note: Your tour guide will be in Pokhara airport to pick you up.
09.15am: Arrive in Pokhara Domestic Airport and pick up by our staff and we will transfer you to your hotel in Pokhara.
00.00hrs: Check in hotel. Welcome Drink. Free & easy until pick up at 2.30pm.
You can decide to do or not to do the Paragliding Tour
OPTIONAL TOUR: Paragliding Tour USD 99 per person with photo and video.
02.30pm: Pick up from your hotel. Visit:
- Phewa Lake and ONE (1) hour boating.
- Barahi Temple – Temple on the lake. NOTE: We will go there using a boat.
- Davis Fall -A waterfall located at Pokhara in Kaski District. An interesting aspect is the water from the fall flow about 500 feet through the natural tunnel at the depth of 100 feet from ground level.
- Mahadev Cave – Across the road from Davis Falls, this venerated cave contains a huge stalagmite worshipped as a Shiva’s Lingam.
- World Peace Pagoda Sunset Tour – Standing on top of the Ananda hill, Shanti Stupa adds more beauty to Pokhara Valley. It is a perfect holiday place providing a clear view of the Himalayan range of mountains, Phewa Lake and Pokhara City. The hilltop provides a splendid view of sunrise and sunset. Tripadvisor has ranked Shanti Stupa as top second attraction in Pokhara.
07.00pm: Back to hotel. Tour ends.
NOTE: Lunch & Dinner will be at your own expenses.
Day 4: Pokhara to Kathmandu (By Domestic Flight)
Hotel Arts Kathmandu or similar class hotel
Car / Plane
05.15 am: Check out from the hotel. We will bring you to Sarangkot Sunrise Tour.
NOTE: Sarangkot (1592m) is the highest view point for a sunrise. You will reach Sarangkot easily by 45 minutes’ drive by a car ride to the top from Pokhara and then 5 minutes hike up to the main view point.
06.00 am: Sunrise at Sarangkot.
06.30 am: Breakfast at Sarangkot.
Free & easy until we drop you at Pokhara airport to catch your flight to Kathmandu.
00.00hrs: Fly to Kathmandu!
00.00hrs: Arrive in Kathmandu and pick up by our staff.
00.00hrs: Check in hotel. Rest & Relax. Tour ends. Rest & relax. Free & easy.
Day 5: Kathmandu - Nepal Tibet Border: Kyirong - Kyirong Town (2800m)
Kerung Guesthouse or hotel of same standard
0800am: Pick up from hotel in Kathmandu and depart to Kyirong border via Jeep. You will arrive at the Kyirong border from Kathmandu at about 0200pm.
After a 150km drive from Kathmandu, you will arrive at the Nepal Tibet Kyirong Border. This is a newly opened entrance point for tourists, opened only in August 2017. Your Tibetan guide and driver will pick you up from the border and handle all the necessary immigration paperwork. Upon completion, your journey to Kyirong town approximately 20km from the border will continue via Jeep.
Today, you will travel a total of approximately 170km on rough terrain.
NEED TO KNOWS:
The Tibet Kyirong border was opened for foreign travellers beginning August 2017. This is the only border connecting Nepal and Tibet.
Kyirong is 2800m above sea level, 755 km from Lhasa through Shigatse, and is only about 170km from Kathmandu.
Zhangmu border has been closed to foreign travellers after the April 2015 earthquake. It is now open to only lorries and trucks, not foreign travellers.
Day 6: Kyirong (2800m) - Peikutso Lake (4600m) - Tingri (4300m)
Tingri Guesthouse / Dingri Zhufeng Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
After breakfast, you will begin your journey to Old Tingri (4300m).
We will pass by the most sacred cave of Milarepa Yogi which dates back to the 11th century. This is also the birthplace of Milarepa.
We will drive through Kyirong Pass (4900m), and drive along the beautiful Peikutso Lake (4600m) and continue to Old Tingri (4300m) which is 180km from Kyirong (2800m).
The scenery here is breathtaking with the beautiful Shisha Bangma snow mountains on your right, and Peikutso Lake on your left. If the weather is good, you will be able to get clear views of the giants of the Himalaya Range – Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Shishapangma (8012m), Mt. Qowowuyag (8201m), Mt. Lhotse (8516m), and Mt. Mayalu (8463m). The beautiful Peikutso Lake will be within clear view as well if the weather condition is good.
You will be driving on the Friendship Highway and reach Lhatse after crossing the highest pass called Gyatsola at the elevation of 5200m.
Day 7: Old Dingri (4300m) - Shigatse (3900m)
Shigatse Yak Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
After breakfast, we will get an early morning start. We will drive towards Shigatse, passing by 3 big mountain passes:
- Geula Pass (5150m)
- Gyatsola Pass (5200m) – the highest pass en route to Lhasa.
- Tsola Pass (4500m)
We will arrive at Shigatse (3900m) in the evening and rest in the hotel.
Day 8: Shigatse (3900m) - Gyantse (3950m)
Gyangze Yutuo Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
0900am: We will begin our drive to Gyangtse – the third largest city in Tibet.
Upon arrival in the noon, we will have lunch in Gyangtse and check into the hotel. Thereafter, we will visit the Palchoe Monastery and Kubum Pagoda Stupa. In the evening, we will explore the old town of Gyangtse.
Day 9: Gyantse (3950m) - Yamdrok Lake (4441m) - Lhasa
Flora Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
0900am: We will begin our drive towards Lhasa via 3 big mountain passes:
- Simi La Pass (4200m) – This pass is unique due to the presence of countless colourful Tibetan flags decorating the rock faces (more than others). And the wind that blows through here makes the flags wave in extraordinary patterns.
- Karo La Pass (5035m) – Located between Between Yamdrok and Gyantse.
- Kampa La Pass (4794m) – Located between Lhasa and Gyantse, with views of the Yamdrok Lake.
Karo La is the highest pass among the 3 mountains at 5035m. From this pass, you will be able to view beautiful glaciers. The beautiful Yamdrok Lake can also be seen as coral colour from the top of Kampa La Pass.
NOTE: Yamdrok Lake is one of the top four holy Buddhist lakes in Tibet. It’s about 150km from Lhasa and takes about 2½ hours to get there by car. Taking photos with a yak or Tibetan mastiff by the lakeside costs around 20 yuan per person.
Noon: We will have lunch at Nakartse Country, located between the Yamdrok Lake and Karo La glaciers.
Evening: Drive to Lhasa, where we will spend the night.
Day 10: Sightseeing tour in Lhasa (3565m): Visit Potala Palace, Jokang Temple and Bharkor Bazar!
Flora Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
Morning: After breakfast, we will go to the must visit attraction of Tibet – Potala Palace. It is known as the highest palace in the world standing on the Red Hill of Lhasa. The Potala Palace is a house of Tibetan history, culture, religion, and art.
NOTE: You should be physically ready for the Potala Palace, which has a lot of steps. Be prepared to enjoy resplendent chambers and exquisite wall paintings.
Noon: There will be two attractions for you in the afternoon – Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street.
- Jokhang Temple: As the house of Buddha, Jokhang is the holiest destination for all Tibetan pilgrims; as the spiritual center of Tibet. Jokhang Temple is the perfect place for you to experience the devotion of Tibetans.
- Barkhor Street: Wander in the crowds, and opt to take part in the religious activities of the locals. Shop for souvenirs, sample the street food, or just drink the the culture and beauty of this beautiful land at Barkhor Street.
NOTE: Bharkor Street is the most colourful market in Tibet and is the best place to shop at.
Day 11: Sightseeing tour in Lhasa (3565m): Visit Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery!
Flora Hotel / Hotel of similar standard
Morning: Enjoy breakfast in your hotel and start your day with a trip to Norbulingka. We will then drive 15 minutes to the Drepung Monastery, where you will climb the stairs up to the hill and visit the delicate temples. If you are lucky, you will get to hear the monks chanting together, a precious experience indeed!
Noon: Have lunch in a local restaurant and try some Tibetan food, such as yak butter tea, which will help you to adapt to the altitude.
Evening: Visit the Sera Monastery and watch the monks’ debate. Guess the meaning of their gestures and grasp the chance to take splendid photos!
Day 12: Lhasa (3565m) - Departure!
After breakfast, you will catch your train/international flight to Kathmandu/Chengdu. Bon voyage until we meet again!
Price & Terms
What is included?
For Kathmandu to Tibet Tour 8 days 7 nights (Departs Every Saturday)
- Accommodation x 7 nights as per itinerary. NOTE: Based on double sharing.
- All meals as stated in the itinerary:
All necessary Tibet entry and road permits.
- 1x English or Mandarin speaking guide.
- All land transportation from Kathmandu to Kyirong by Jeep, tourist mini van, or bus according to group size.
- All entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Yamdrok Lake conservation fee.
- Karola Glacier conservation fee.
- National Grassland Conservation fee.
- Oxygen in case it is required.
For 5 days in Nepal Tour:
- Accommodations x 4 nights as per itinerary.
NOTE: Base on twin sharing.
- All itinerary as on suggested itinerary.
- All land transportation x 5 days.
- Mineral water in car.
- English Speaking/Nepalese Speaking driver guide x 1
- English Speaking Tour guide x 1
- Private Tour
- All meals stated in the itinerary.
- Airport to and fro transfers
- Hotels Transfers & Luggage handling
- All entrance fees as stated in the itinerary.
- ONE(1) hour boating program in Phewa Lake.
- Petrol & Parking fees.
- 23% VAT (Government tax and service charge)
- Two ways Domestic Flights: Kathmandu to Pokhara/ Pokhara to Kathmandu.
What is not included?
For Nepal Tours:
- Nepal Visa application fee ($25 for 15 days; $40 for 30days)
- Personal expenses
- Items that mentioned as your own expenses.
- Travel Insurance
- Tipping to local guide, tour guide and driver.
- Flight tickets to and from your country and within Nepal.
- Paragliding Tour.
For Tibet Tours:
- Tibet Travel Permit & Visa Fees
Other Nationalities: USD85 per pax
American Nationality: USD175 per pax
Romanian passport holder: USD115 per pax
Canadian passport holder: USD155 per pax
Brazilian Passport Holders : USD165 per pax
Argentina Passport Holders : USD185 per pax
- Flight Tickets
- Lunches and dinners
- Tipping for tour guide and driver.
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone calls, snacks, soft drinks (please try to avoid alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.
- OPTIONAL TOURS activities at additional charges:
- Flight fare from Lhasa to Kathmandu is between USD410 to USD450. NOTE: Subject to change.
- Peak season surcharge for July, August & September (please email us for pricing of tour fee charges)