Day Trips From Sandakan
- Angie Ong |
- April 9, 2023 |
- Comments |
- 886 Views
Discover the best day trips from Sandakan with On Tour (M) Sdn Bhd. Choose from our variety of packages,
- Half Day Sepilok Orang Utan & Sun Bear Tour – MUST DO-
- Fire Flies/ Mangrove Cruise/ Fishing Village Tour (Dinner)
- Full Day Sepilok Orang Utan, Sun Bear & Sandakan City Tour (L)
- Full Day Sepilok Orang Utan, Labuk Bay Sanctuary, Sun Bear Tour (L)
- Full Day Sepilok Orang Utan, Labuk Bay Sanctuary, Sun Bear, RDC (L) – MUST DO-
- FD Sepilok Orang Utan, Sun Bear & Mangrove Cruise/Village/Fire Flies (L/D)
- Day Tour Kinabatangan River (Lunch)
Click the link for tour details and pricing.
We offer all tour packages available in Sandakan at reasonable prices, making it easy for you to plan your perfect day trip.
There are several places to visit for day trips from Sandakan.
Here are some of the top options:
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre: A famous rehabilitation center for orphaned and rescued orangutans. Visitors can observe them during feeding times and learn about the conservation efforts to protect them.
- Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre. A sanctuary for rescued sun bears, dedicated to their rehabilitation and conservation.
- Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary: A unique opportunity to observe proboscis monkeys in their natural habitat, with feeding times scheduled throughout the day.
- Turtle Islands Park: Located off the coast of Sandakan, Turtle Islands Park is a popular destination for tourists. It’s a group of islands where sea turtles come to lay their eggs. Visitors can watch the turtles and also enjoy snorkeling and diving.
- Kinabatangan River: This is one of the longest rivers in Sabah and is home to a diverse range of wildlife. Visitors can take a boat ride along the river and see orangutans, proboscis monkeys, crocodiles, and various bird species.
- Gomantong Caves: These limestone caves are located about 90 minutes from Sandakan and are home to millions of bats and swiftlets. Visitors can watch the bats leave the caves in the evening and also see the harvesting of bird’s nests, which are used in Chinese cuisine.
- Rainforest Discovery Centre: This is an excellent place to learn about the flora and fauna of Borneo. It’s located just outside Sandakan and offers various walking trails and canopy walks. Visitors can also see the famous Bornean pygmy elephant at the nearby Sepilok Forest Reserve.
- Bilit Village: This traditional village is located on the Kinabatangan River and provides visitors with a chance to experience the local way of life. Visitors can take a boat ride along the river, enjoy local food, and also visit a nearby orangutan rehabilitation center.
Above: Proboscis Monkey
Above: Pygmy Elephant – smallest elephant in the world. Endanger species with less than 1,500 Borneo pygmy elephants left in the wild.
Leave a Reply